Charles Leclerc happy to win F1's bragging rights - and hope Ferrari retain him in the seat for the next race!

Hahaaa, 1st Win of the season !
This was very fun, I hope you had fun watching me live wherever you are in the world, but take care of yourself and I hope we make this difficult times a bit happier.
2,444 people are talking about this
WATCH: The IndyCar iRacing Challenge!In IndyCar's second iRacing event in lieu of the actual racing season over in the States, a grid full of series regulars and big names from motorsport headed to the virtual version of Barber Motorsports Park on Saturday night.
Who won?
Find out via the stream below.on what proved a very memorable occasion for Australian Supercar champion Scott McLaughlin and Team Penske...
Russell in the running?
So will he or won't he?
So will he or won't he?
F1's Virtual Vietnam GP, around the Albert Park circuit in Melbourne, is just a few days away now...
Hamilton 'proud' of Mercedes
With all seven British F1 teams coming together in the Project Pitlane scheme to help produce and develop medical equipment for the NHS in the fight against coronavirus, Lewis Hamilton has hailed the first project delivered by Mercedes in the making of breathing aids.
With all seven British F1 teams coming together in the Project Pitlane scheme to help produce and develop medical equipment for the NHS in the fight against coronavirus, Lewis Hamilton has hailed the first project delivered by Mercedes in the making of breathing aids.
Hamilton wrote on his Instagram Story that he was “so proud of my team” after the news was announced on Tuesday.
The six-time champion had earlier tweeted:
It’s great to see @MercedesAMGF1 and other @F1 teams answering the call in these challenging times. Great job guystwitter.com/F1/status/1243 …
1,073 people are talking about this
Perez and Stroll set for F1 Esports
We don't quite know when yet, but two more current F1 drivers - Racing Point's Sergio Perez and Lance Stroll - are set to sign up for F1's Virtual GP events. The next one is scheduled for April 5.
We don't quite know when yet, but two more current F1 drivers - Racing Point's Sergio Perez and Lance Stroll - are set to sign up for F1's Virtual GP events. The next one is scheduled for April 5.
Team boss Otmar Szafnauer said: "As soon as it is safe to do so, we will get back to the racing. In the meantime, there are some excellent efforts going on with F1 Esports and our drivers will be involved in those online events in the weeks ahead."
Meanwhile, Racing Point's Silverstone factory has now closed amid the latest UK advice to fight the coronavirus.
“In light of the latest guidance from the UK Government we shut down on Wednesday evening, our doors will be closed for at least three weeks," said Szafnauer.
"As things currently stand – and it’s important to stress that this is a constantly evolving situation – we’ll be returning to work on Thursday 16 April. We’ve also worked extremely hard over the last few weeks to ensure that all staff who can work from home have the equipment they need to set up home offices.”
Driver signings from Haas
No F1 for a while yet, but there's still some movement in the driver market when it comes to testing recruits.
No F1 for a while yet, but there's still some movement in the driver market when it comes to testing recruits.
Haas have announced Pietro Fittipaldi, the grandson of double world champion Emerson, and Swiss driver Louis Deletraz will be their test and reserve drivers when the 2020 season does commence.
The youthful pair are also set to compete for Haas in the next Virtual GP event on April 5.
"Naturally, we had intended to make this announcement over the course of the Australian Grand Prix to start the season, but events both there and globally took priority with the on-going COVID-19 outbreak,” said team boss Guenther Steiner.
“Pietro (Fittipaldi) and Louis (Delétraz) have both proven themselves to us over the past 12 months and we’re delighted to confirm them both as official test and reserve drivers for Haas F1 Team.
"Their work in the simulator was undoubtedly of value as we faced our challenges last season and we’re excited to continue to present them with further opportunities to expand their relationship with the team in 2020 when we can return to work. I look forward to them adding significant input into our own race program supporting Romain (Grosjean) and Kevin (Magnussen) and the whole engineering team with the Haas VF-20.”
We can confirm @PiFitti and @LouisDeletraz as our Official Test and Reserve Drivers for 2020.
More details herebit.ly/3ajxNNy
214 people are talking about this
Hamilton rides the waves
Before leaving Melbourne following the cancellation of the Australian GP, Lewis Hamilton made sure he got in some sporting activities.
Before leaving Melbourne following the cancellation of the Australian GP, Lewis Hamilton made sure he got in some sporting activities.
After indoor rock climbing came this...
"Making the best of the situation," said Hamilton on Instagram. "Thanks to the guys at @urbnsurf for letting me spend my evenings practicing my surf and to @ripcurl_aus for providing the wetsuits. It was a lot of fun catching waves with you 🤙🏾 Until next time Melbourne."
EXCLUSIVE
Ross Brawn has told Sky Sports that F1 are confident of successfully reshuffling their 2020 calendar after an enforced "hiatus" - suggesting that races could now be staged during August's summer break.
Ross Brawn has told Sky Sports that F1 are confident of successfully reshuffling their 2020 calendar after an enforced "hiatus" - suggesting that races could now be staged during August's summer break.
Many drivers have gone home after the Melbourne cancellation, but not Lewis Hamilton - who admitted he was "gutted" not to be qualifying today.
Gutted to not be qualifying today. I decided to stick around Melbourne and go indoor rock climbing. It’s a great way for me to keep focused.
I just wanted to say thanks to all of you who have been sending me such positive messages. Hope you are all staying safe.
1,400 people are talking about this
Hamilton on F1 2020 title battle
Lewis Hamilton says he is not thinking about the F1 2020 title despite the fact that sealing it would mean he equals Michael Schumacher as the sport's most successful driver of all-time.
Lewis Hamilton says he is not thinking about the F1 2020 title despite the fact that sealing it would mean he equals Michael Schumacher as the sport's most successful driver of all-time.
"I honestly try not to allow it to be in my thought process at all," the six-time champion told Sky F1's Ted Kravitz. "What I do know is that this is probably going to be the toughest year.
"You saw at the end of last year how close we were with Red Bull and Ferrari. The rules and regulations haven't shifted so what you see as the winter period, all us top teams generally can develop at a similar rate."
Why F1 in Melbourne is on amid coronavirusAustralian GP chief executive Andrew Westacott has explained to Sky Sports News' Craig Slater why this weekend's race is on - with crowds present - amid coronavirus outbreak fears.
"Coronavirus is one of those things which is unique and will throw up different circumstances but we had 86,000 in the MCG for the women’s T20 World Cup final, it was a big mass gathering," he says. "The event is going on, all the teams are here, the freights are being unloaded, and we’ve got 1500 workers putting finishing touches to the venue."
The Bahrain GP, the following week ,will take place behind closed doors.
But Westacott added: "Different circumstances exist in different countries. We’re lucky that we’ve got the opportunity to stage this big event in the current period of time and you’ve got to capitalise on that."
Watch the full interview below.
The drivers have arrived in Melbourne!
How about this for a track guide from Valtteri Bottas...
with a familiar sign off!
A new signing at Red Bull...
Red Bull have re-signed Sergio Sette Camara as their reserve driver for 2020.
Red Bull have re-signed Sergio Sette Camara as their reserve driver for 2020.
The Brazilian, who now has an F1 superlicense after finishing fourth in F2 last year, took up a similar role at McLaren last season after being dropped from the Red Bull family in 2017.
He will share official duties with Sebastian Buemi.
Signing up SergioAs the Brazilian joins as Official Red Bull Test & Reserve Driver for 2020
#ChargeOn
257 people are talking about this
Lewis Hamilton met with Prince Harry to open a new museum at Silverstone on Friday.
The ribbon-cutting ceremony was one of the prince’s last public duties before he quits as a working member of the royal family this month.
He was driven into the circuit by six-time world champion Hamilton, while other F1 drivers George Russell and Alex Albon were also present at the event.
The museum, the Silverstone Experience, houses cars and bikes from 70 years of racing at Silverstone, with interactive games and replicas for visitors to try.
Ferrari have had to postpone their scheduled Pirelli tyre test because of the coronavirus outbreak.
The test was set to take place at Fiorano, Ferrari's private track, which is situated in the north of Italy - one of the worst-affected regions in Europe.
Because of company restriction policies adopted by both Ferrari and @pirellisport following the worldwide Coronavirus outbreak, the scheduled 18-inch 2021 wet tyre test at Fiorano on March 5 has to be postponed. The test will be rescheduled at Fiorano at the earliest opportunity.
378 people are talking about this
No comments:
Post a Comment